[ExI] quiz for the new year

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jan 2 21:38:14 UTC 2010

>Jack is looking at Anne, but Anne is looking at George. Jack is married but
George is not. Is a married person looking at an unmarried person?

>Yes      No      Cannot be determined

The answer is YES of course.  Regardless of Anne's marrital status, either
way a married person is looking at, perhaps gazing fondly and lustily, upon
an unmarried person.  I supplied the adverbs, but the quiz came from the
excellent article below on irrationality in smart people:

http://www.magazine.utoronto.ca/feature/why-people-are-irrational-kurt-klein
er/

How many answered it correctly?

How many of you horndogs are like me, pondering the comely figure of Anne,
instead of concentrating your intelligence on being rational?