[ExI] effect/affect again.

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 01:55:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 7:01 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Actually I must be honest and disqualify myself from this one, for I am one
> who not only knows what is a typewriter, but actually used one, in college.
> I can out-geezer almost everyone here by having used the kind (in college!)
> which does not plug in to the wall.  Perhaps only Damien can match this,
> methinks.

### I can match you on that one: I learned to type on a manual
typewriter, owned by my father by special dispensation of the United
Polish Communist Worker Party in the late 70's.

Now beat this: I have helped my mother wring laundry using a
hand-crank operated mangle attached to the non-automatic washing
machine we had in the early 70's.

Rafal