[ExI] MBTI, and what a difference a letter makes...

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Tue Jan 5 06:03:01 UTC 2010

Jef writes

> INTJ  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ>,
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastermind_(Role_Variant)>
> -------
> "INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to
> everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social
> norms."
> "...an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the
> constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own
> sake..."
> "...known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part
> because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and
> reliability."
> "...seek new angles or novel ways of looking at things. They enjoy
> coming to new understandings...."
> "They harbor an innate desire to express themselves by conceptualizing
> their own intellectual designs."
>
> Can you see from the above why I might view Gordon (and Lee) as
> puzzles, while they might see me as an unfathomable irritant?

Once again, don't confuse objectivity and ("to see" or "view")
and subjectivity. Objectively, you are absolutely an unfathomable
irritant, as you put it, no question about it.

> Would members of this list have any trouble deciding between Max and
> Natasha which is the likely INTJ and which is the likely ENFP?

I don't suppose anyone would  :-)

Incidentally, many years ago everyone (including me) that I
was well-acquainted with was INTP. (But I was almost a J.)
Now all my acquaintances are INTJ. Do we get more judgmental,
or decisive, or something as we age, or do you suppose that
the same kinds of people 25 years ago that were INTP are
now INTJ? Maybe we've put a decade or two more between us
and the obscurantism of the sixties.

Lee