[ExI] Some new angle about AI.

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 20:26:47 UTC 2010

2010/1/2 Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com>:
> But organic brains do better than computers at the highest level of
> mathematical creativity.

The "highest level of mathematical creativity" is however only too
often anthropomorphically defined as what is difficult to replicate at
a given historical moment. Once upon a time, idiots savants doing
several digit arithmetics appeared the top of "intelligence". Then
chess became the paradigm of human rational thought. Then calculus.
Then...

I think that Wolphram's A New Kind of Science contains important
pieces of insight in this respect.

However, what we know organic brains being *very* bad at doing  is
quantum computation...

--
Stefano Vaj