[ExI] Psi (no need to read this post you already knowwhatitsays )

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Jan 8 03:32:14 UTC 2010

On 1/7/2010 9:18 PM, spike wrote:

> I would conjecture that an explanation for p=.05 is not
> necessarily needed.  Many such experiments could have been done, but the
> only ones we hear about are those which go beyond 5% weird.
>
> Regarding the phrase "...was filmed for television..." that makes me
> suspicious right up front, because it forms a filter: in such a medium, only
> noteworthy stuff is worthy of note.

If you're assuming a lack of probity in the experimenter, why not just
say the whole thing was scripted or made up and have done with it? This
is the bottom line with most skeptical retorts. What would it take to
dispose of this canard? Sworn statements from everyone involved? No,
people like that, they'd lie for profit, right? Or just because they're
deluded loons. Or maybe I just invented it to sell my books.

Damien Broderick