[ExI] Some new angle about AI

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 10 16:48:08 UTC 2010

--- On Sun, 1/10/10, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:

>> In other words, I think subjective experience exists
>> as part of the same physical world in which we find gum-ball
>> machines, mountains and basketballs.
>
> That's crystal clear. I am only saying that the independent
> "phyisical existence" of something defined as subjective experience,
> and its hypothetical connection with organic brains, is for you a
> matter of faith, altogether outside of any kind of scientific proof
> or disproof.

A matter of faith?

Do you deny the existence of your own experience or its connection with your brain?

I assert that 1) I have experience and 2) my experience goes away when someone whacks me in the head with a baseball bat. If you call that a statement of faith then I suppose I'm devout believer. :)

-gts