[ExI] quantum entanglement

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 11 21:26:12 UTC 2010

On Jan 11, 2010,  Damien Broderick wrote:

> Isn't the message problem that you can't *force* a predictable change upon part of an entangled system?

Yes. Suppose that you and I had a pair of dice that were entangled in a Quantum Mechanical way, you are in Australia and I am in the USA. We both roll our dice and we write down the numbers, after hundreds of rolls we both examine the numbers and we both conclude that they agree with the laws of probability and nothing unusual has occurred. However if I get on a jet and fly to Australia and show you my list of numbers we find that my list is identical with your list. That is weird, but changing one apparently "random" event to another apparently "random" event is no way to send a message.

 John K Clark