[ExI] roids in baseball

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 19:51:22 UTC 2010

2010/1/12 spike <spike66 at att.net>:
> ... We have
> preserved absurdly detailed records on the performance of so many players,
> from over a century, most of which are from before artificial steroids
> existed, so we have a great control group.  We could use the information to
> help others achieve higher athletic performance, or help the aged combat the
> cruelty of the years.

Given the changes that occurred to equipment and rules over the years,
I'm not sure how much you can determine by comparing stats over a
hundred year span. Baseball fans can argue over Babe Ruth vs. Mark
Maguire to the point that it would make our "artificial consciousness"
discussion seem terse.

-Dave