[ExI] Meaningless Symbols.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Jan 16 21:22:35 UTC 2010

On 1/16/2010 3:10 PM, Gordon Swobe wrote:

> So....  you understand a computation took place in your CPU, not unlike the child who added 3 fingers to 5 and got 8.
>
> Do you think your CPU understood it? If you do then I wonder if you also think the child's fingers understood it.

But John Clark has just stated unequivocally that *he* at least thinks
so. Yep, the fingers *understood* the calculation. The cloud
*understands* how to rain. I suppose we come to a point here where the
use of words has broken down. Or perhaps the use of concepts. No point
continuing the discussion.

Damien Broderick