[ExI] quantum brains

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 09:29:20 UTC 2010

2010/1/19 The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com>:

> All and all, Penrose may not be spot on with his mechanism of microtubules and quantum gravity, but the general gist of his argument is compelling. To dismiss the possibility of QM effects in living organisms due to the "warm and wet" mantra is just lazy science.

Penrose's application of Godel's theorem to human thinking as a basis
for deducing that the brain is not computable has been dismissed as
wrong by just about every critic. That's one of the main problems with
the quantum brain idea: there is little reason to think that plain
ordinary chemistry is not enough, other than a prejudice that because
we feel special, our brains must also be special.

--
Stathis Papaioannou