[ExI] massachusetts special senate election

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 14:54:47 UTC 2010

On 1/20/10, spike wrote:
> We, the libertarians.  Ugly result.  Almost all the vote went to the two
>  statist candidates.

This wasn't a vote about policies.
This turnaround in a Democrat state was voter fury and totally illogical.
Voting a Republican in won't help. It is just one in the eye for Obama.

<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/19/coakley-pollster-defends_n_428600.html>

Quote:
A top pollster to Democratic Senate candidate Martha Coakley told
HuffPost on Tuesday that the White House, in attempting to blame the
Coakley campaign for a potential defeat today in Massachusetts,
underestimates the wave of populist fury among Massachusetts voters.

Pollster Celinda Lake said Coakley was hampered by the failure of the
White House and Congress to confront Wall Street.

Lake pointed to polling released by the Economic Policy Institute
showing that 65 percent of Americans thought the stimulus served banks
interests, 56 percent thought it served corporations and only ten
percent that it benefited them. "That is a formula for failure for the
Democrats. We have to deliver on economic policies that take on Wall
Street and we have to do it for five months, not just five days. We
really have to deliver on the policies," she said.