[ExI] Coherent vs. Incoherent Fears of Being Uploaded

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 13:25:36 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 1/21/10, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:

> And David Chalmers' Fading Qualia argument, which I have described at
> length, implies that if zombies are possible then we might all be
> zombies and not realise it,

Chalmers just likes to play with words. As I mentioned once in past, his hard problem book leaves us with more questions than we started with.

If philosophical zombies can exist then by definition they can exist only with no mental contents, i.e., with no conscious intentionality -- with no conscious beliefs or realizations about anything whatsoever. If you have conscious awareness of such things going on in your head then you know you're not a zombie.

-gts