[ExI] heaves a long broken psi

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 20:18:02 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> What does this "supernatural" mean, exactly.

Above the laws of nature.

>  If we are in a sim would the computer the sim is running on be in a supernatural realm?  Why or why not?

The simulating computer would not be in the simulated realm, so it'd
be supernatural. But it'd also be undetectable from within the
simulated realm.

Things we consider supernatural (ESP, vampires, God) could be
implemented in a simulated realm simply by making things happen that
aren't possible under the programmed laws of physics.

-Dave