[ExI] heaves a long broken psi

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jan 22 21:38:36 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Subject: Re: [ExI] heaves a long broken psi
>
> On 1/22/2010 12:56 PM, John Grigg wrote:
>
> > Would it take Almighty God giving you his business card to finally
> > convince you of the supernatural?
>
> Not necessary, an article in Nature or Science would do it.
>
> Damien Broderick

That would only work if the editors of Nature or Science were the almighty.

One of the important messages that has come to our attention recently is
that the peer review process is far from perfect.  It is better than
nothing, but it is subject to error and intentional malicious action, as
well as all the usual economic pressures.  Science and Nature are two very
highly respected magazines, but they are under all the same constraints as
Popular Mechanics and National Enquirer: they make their living by selling
paper.  If they don't give their magazine-buying audience what they want,
they are busted.