[ExI] EPOC EEG headset

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 03:57:42 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 9:17 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> So often we see these kinds of enhancements as applications for the
> disabled.  But that market isn't all that large, and the average amount of
> money available per capita in the disabled community may be lower than in
> the general population.
>
> In the mean time, I thought of a simpler version: a video game or Second
> Life-like sim that is specifically designed to be titillating.  We could use
> feedback from the EPOC to adjust what it sends one's way.  Actually the EPOC
> mind reading thing might be overkill for that application, since simpler
> instrumentation elsewhere might be more easily arranged.  I could even
> design such instrumentation methinks.

I'd like to have window focus follow my intention.  A coworker
currently employs 4 monitors for his desktop.  I am still fairly
content with two, but i'm also managing stacks of windows on each.  It
might be a nice speed improvement to keep hands on keyboard and
replace mouse actions (which remove the hands from keyboard) with
window-management thinking.

multidimensional modeling and visualization might be aided by
'thinking' of a rotation rather than having to remember which keys
turn which direction in each dimension.