[ExI] vampires

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Sat Jan 23 04:08:20 UTC 2010

 An odd topic for discussion, but ok i'll bite :o=   (that's a vampire smiley)

 As I understand it if a human consumes blood. A percentage is absopted into the bloodstream.
Presumably through the intestinal wall having passed through the stomach.
Now with the vampire tales of old being about vampires preferencially draining the blood of infants.
This leads me to wonder whether said vampire would ingest and absorb stem cells which are in
greater abundence in an infant. These stem cells once in the bloodstreem would presumable
migrate to areas of damage. Thus repairing the vampires body with short telomere
cells much more youthful in nature to the vampires own ?
The nutrient content of the blood would make it a perfect meal anyway.

I would agree that the most probably cause of the myth was to cover some kind of
questionable activity, or possible to prevent it amongst a society.