[ExI] heaves a long broken psi

scerir scerir at libero.it
Sat Jan 23 21:45:43 UTC 2010

Jeff:
You know about the Aspect QM work.  Decoherence happens. Instantaneously.
Super-relativistically.  Action at point 'a' in 3D space causes an
INSTANTANEOUS effect at arbitrarily distant point 'b'. Others may offer
alternative explanations, but to me, the explanation that tops the list -- I
forget where I heard it -- admirably robust in its simplicity, is that the two
entangled particles are in contact. (Isn't there a body of philosophical  work
dealing with the logical impossibility of action at a distance, implying the
necessity of contact?)

# Very close but not .... Two entangled particles are in contact indeed. It is
called  nonseparability. And, technically, they are called bi-particles. Even
that seems wrong, before measurements it would be better to say bi-waves :-),
and waves have loong tailss. So, for the bi-waves, there is no action at
'distance', and there is no passion at 'distance'. Possibly, for the bi-waves,
there is no even 'distance'. Try to reduce - and not to extend - the number of
dimensions. From 4d to 3d to 2d to 1d to 0d. Contact. There is no space, no
time :-)