[ExI] Gmail has ads!!!

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 04:44:48 UTC 2010

2010/1/25 BillK <pharos at gmail.com>:
> On 1/24/10, Ben Zaiboc wrote:
>>  Yes, browsing is an entirely different (and intensely irritating) experience
>> if you can't use Firefox, or some similar Adblock-capable browser.
>>

> <http://simple-adblock.com/>
> Works on Internet Explorer and uses the EasyList filters from AdBlock Plus.
>
> Bad news is that it (to-date) doesn't stop the gmail ads, but is OK
> for cleaning-up general browsing.
>
> BillK

I use AdBlock Plus, so don't usually see ads, but sometimes I use
other browsers, or have ABP turned off for other reasons.

Interestingly (to me), I occasionally see items of interest in the
gmail ads, and click them. That's pretty abnormal for me; usually I'd
never click internet ads, especially crap like banner ads and such.

--
Emlyn

http://www.songsofmiseryanddespair.com - My show, Fringe 2010
http://point7.wordpress.com - My blog