[ExI] "Brave New World" is a nasty book

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Wed Jan 27 06:38:32 UTC 2010

John Clark wrote:

 > There is meaning in Brave New World, the pursuit of happiness; but that's it, nothing else. And that's just not enough to build
Jupiter Brains and engineer the universe, or even the galaxy. I hope I'm wrong but that may be the reason we don't observe an
engineered cosmos. Still, an eternity of lowbrow bliss may not be ideal but it beats the hell out of 1984.

Very unlikely, IMO, that other species would have followed
our trajectory closely enough to foster anything as
recognizable as Brave New World.

The anti-tech and anti-humanist and especially anti-H+
nature of Huxley's book is described by our man Dave
Pearce very well at

http://www.hedweb.com/huxley/bnw.htm

Lee