[ExI] goats and gullibility

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Jan 27 18:08:27 UTC 2010

On 1/27/2010 2:33 AM, Dwayne wrote:

> Funny, damien, I thought you'd be a hard-core sceptic. This is good to see.

I *am* a hard core skeptic. That's why I read the evidence and try to
contact the people involved in extreme claims before shutting my mind down.

It's interesting to see how the woo-woo believers respond to my book
OUTSIDE THE GATES OF SCIENCE. For example, one guy blathers on Amazon:

"...no denial of his ultra-materialistic Weltanschauung. This species of
materialist is familiar - the sort whose reading list is coincident with
the reccomendations of conservative rags: Dennet, Dawkins and other
dawks. Amazing how sometimes the most outlandishly imaginative SF
writers are dull as dishwater when it comes to the truly fantastic.
DOuglas Adams was a case in point - his adulation of Dawkins and rabid
anti-mysticism, as in 'last chance to see' stood in stark contrast to
his Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. So too with this SF writer turned
pop science author."

Guess I must be doing something right...

Damien Broderick