[ExI] predictive neurons?

Spencer Campbell lacertilian at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 02:32:49 UTC 2010

My first reaction is: ugh! Pavlov again! Paired with the fact that we
experience pleasure whenever someone agrees with us, AND whenever we
disagree with someone else, suddenly the elaborate audio-visual
lightshows on every single news (read: "opinion") network start to
make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure that's an intentional ploy, though.

Do they change the intros whenever ratings drop, so that new
associations begin forming in their audience?

My second reaction is gladness for learning a bit more about dopamine,
which balances out the brief spike in outrage. Still, I kind of wish
my brain wasn't hardwired for disappointment.

Nice catch, Mike. And, is that a preliminary hypothesis toward
explaining precognition that I see you forming there?