[ExI] Understanding is useless

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 29 19:25:57 UTC 2010

--- On Fri, 1/29/10, John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Yes yes I know, I'm setting myself up
> perfectly for the retort "Haw, I always knew you
> didn't know what you were talking about", and
> it's true I don't have a clue what I'm talking
> about, but I don't consider that an insult.

I think you should consider it an insult.

Funny, I think, that people will denigrate themselves in such ways to protect the supposed reputations of their supposed conscious computers.

Some people here might even call me a chauvinist of sorts for daring to claim that computers don't understand their own words. I suppose typewriters and cell phones should have civil rights too.

-gts