[ExI] The digital nature of brains (was: digital simulations)

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 30 15:51:00 UTC 2010

--- On Sat, 1/30/10, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:

> It still doesn't count as meaningful use of words, it's
> just a dictionary. Meaningful use of words would involve DWAP
> participating in a discussion as we are now having.

Okay, so I add more subroutines that allow DWAP to not only give you meaningful complete answers to your complete questions about the meanings of words, but also to respond to other complete sentences in other meaningful ways. I then use DWAP to respond to your posts here on ExI.

I take it you think DWAP now has conscious understanding of words. If so then what amazing thing did I, a lowly programmer of syntax, do to give a real mental life to DWAP? How did that miracle happen?

Looks to me like I merely deceived you with some fancy programming tricks.

-gts