[ExI] Psi and gullibility

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Jan 31 06:28:18 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Psi and gullibility
>
> On 1/30/2010 5:23 PM, spike wrote:
>
> > I choose some numbers and
> > purchase the ticket, my pseudopsi assures me I just picked
> a loser.
> > Works every time.
>
> And yet you keep buying lottery tickets? This is not the mark
> of an intelligent choice. I didn't need psi to tell me that.
>
> Damien Broderick

Actually it was a gag.  I've never bought a lottery ticket.  The discussion
reminds me of one that I have had many times with family members regarding
biblical prophecy, and how the prophetic writings foretell the future.  My
argument is that in no cases, exactly zero cases, was anyone ever able to
read a biblical passage and know in advance what was to happen.  Only after
the fact were the events interpreted as being a fulfillment, and even then
only by having the history of the events rewritten to fit the expected
outcome.  spike