[ExI] medical marijuana

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 06:42:17 UTC 2010

On 7/7/10, BillK  wrote:
>  Legalizing possession of small quantities of cannabis for registered
>  medical use by seriously ill people as authorised by a doctor is
>  hardly likely to produce much tax income for the states or stop many
>  ordinary people being jailed for possession.

Proposition 19 though, I see, allows for much more widespread use,
similar to the alcohol licensing laws. Current polls indicate that it
might well get more than the 50% vote required in Nov 2010.

They anticipate over a billion of extra revenue. But I don't see any
estimates for the additional costs incurred along the lines of
repairing the damage that alcohol causes.

One interesting point is that cannabis would still be illegal under
federal laws. So any big businesses would be likely to be raided by
the Feds to take the assets for their benefit and imprison the
employees.

BillK