[ExI] gaming reports

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 08:46:47 UTC 2010

2010/7/5 Gregory Jones <spike66 at att.net>
> Certainly, no argument there.  In your example, nearly half of the players walk away with more money than they had to start.

OTOH, one might be a statistician in life, and still fancy the idea of
betting one time or another ten euros for a 1 against 2 millions odd
of winning one million.

This is a very unfavourable bet, but it remains very different from
betting, say, 10 billion times and ending up pretty certainly with
roughly half of the total money invested.

I suspect that perfect markets, where no informational asymmietry
exists, would not be that different from such scenario.

--
Stefano Vaj