[ExI] taxes again

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 19:10:24 UTC 2010

I think there are incentives to make things less comparable when it comes to
these things. (And I don't mean this apply to other areas of life. I think
there's a general incentive in a competitive situation to make it hard to
compare, especially by competitors who think they won't measure up. I see this
sometimes in the private sector too. The only difference is there you can
generally walk away -- i.e., there's a generally cheap exit option. This
creates, I believe, a rival incentive to make comparisons easier. The rule here
might be: if it's unclear what's going on, this likely means someone is hiding
something.)

Regards,

Dan