[ExI] medical marijuana

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed Jul 14 07:04:13 UTC 2010

--- On Tue, 7/13/10, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Sure isn't.  I would counterpropose that we pay the
> price another way.  We
> make most medications over-the-counter accessible, without
> a doctor's help
> if the prole chooses to go that route.  With every
> medication comes
> literature that carefully explains the known risks, and the
> caveat that if a
> prole takes this stuff and does it wrong, she might be
> injured or seriously
> killed, buyer beware.

That's been tried in other fields, notably software
engineering.

A) Most such users do not Read The F(ine) Manual.

B) They sue - and sometimes win - when they get hurt anyway.
(Thus EULAs, in an attempt to ward off the most blatant of
these.)

C) In the case of medicine, many products affect one's
ability to make rational judgments - thus, the product
makes it more likely that you would overdose yourself, with
potentially fatal effects.