[ExI] [The Truman Show

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 14 15:17:11 UTC 2010

On 7/14/2010 12:32 AM, spike wrote:

> Truman Show is my favorite movie, and very relevant to this discussion.

I liked "The Truman Show", but just a few months after it came out there was another movie that few have heard of called "The Thirteenth Floor" that had many of the same themes and handled them even more skillfully. I suppose everybody thought it was just a Truman knock-off but it was based on the book "Simulacron-3" by Daniel F Galouye first published in 1964.

And speaking of movies, I think the best movie of Extropian interest to come out in the last 20 years is Christopher (Batman) Nolan's "The Prestige"; I look forward to his new movie opening in just a few days "Inception".

 John K Clark