[ExI] atheists de-baptize unbelievers:

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 00:46:20 UTC 2010

You knew this was coming...  : )

Damien wrote:
You could go further and start a huge campaign to unbaptize, from a safe
distance, all those Mormons who go about retroactively "baptizing" dead
Jews and other defunct humans...

Spike replied:
Ja!  Of all the acts any group could do, that business about baptizing
dead people possibly against their former will is as presumptuous as
it gets.  I do know of people who just never really found any genuine
happiness in this life, and longed for it all to end.  It is an
egregious notion of bringing these to some kind of immortal existence
to extend their suffering indefinitely.

Mormons mean well (extremely well...) when they do their proxy
baptisms and other ordinances for the dead and I am not too concerned
about it being "*possibly* against the former will of the person" it
is done to benefit. lol

Spike, if Mormonism is actually true, then the suffering people you
describe will most likely be vastly happier in the spirit world (a
realm sort of like purgatory, where people await the resurrection &
assignment to various kingdoms/grades in the Heavens).  It is
described as a place where physical ailments are no more (as well as
financial problems, etc.,) and life is practically a paradise as
compared to here.  But bad attitudes/psyches that exist due to bad
life choices here, will still continue to exist there.  And that is
why a huge missionary program is going on *over there* to bring people
into God's fold.  Yes, Mormon missionaries will be knocking on your
door in the next life!!  Life will not end, and neither will that!
hee!  ; )

The Mormon proxy baptisms are not meant as a means of granting anyone
immortality.  It instead gives membership into God's church and
kingdom, should the person on the other side *choose* to accept it.

John