[ExI] atheists de-baptize unbelievers:

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 10:10:53 UTC 2010

Will Steinberg wrote:
Pretentious atheism ruins atheism.  A smart, sensible atheist ignores
baptism, because it has zero meaning outside of its believers.  Kagin
seems like he actually believes that children are wrongfully made to
become Christian when that drop of water touches their heads, and that
he has to undo the horror.  Wouldn't it be more productive to
just...ignore the whole thing?

I know smart people love to make belittling jokes, but sometimes too
much masturbating of the ego actually validates the other side.  Every
"A for Atheist" shirt only pounds home the idea of Faith, Symbol,
Faith!

Will, very poignantly said.  I'm a believer who has friends on both
sides of the chasm.  But on Facebook I have many atheist "friends
(friends of friends)" who talk about nothing but their loathing of
Christianity & apparently all religion in general.  It is like these
people have "no lives" and quite simply don't talk about other things
(like family, work, school, popular culture) , except their
anti-religion obsession.  And the degree of arrogance, outright
crudeness, and countless straw man arguments just astounds me!  I used
to think hardcore Evangelical Christian fundamentalists took the cake
on this stuff, but I now give the nod to their obnoxious opposition.

John