[ExI] atheists de-baptize unbelievers

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:33:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Dan  wrote:
> Yeah, Christians and other religious people regularly do far more bombastic
> things. Some whacky atheists adopt a similar approach and they've gone too far?!
>
> Also, I often get asked by religious people why not just leave this alone -- be
> an atheist and be silent. (And, for the most part, I am. I don't often bring up
> this subject -- save online.) They don't seem to care, though, about the
> continuing bombardent of religious messages -- from people knocking on my door
> on Sundays and handing out pamphlets to the various public displays... Of
> course, any public display of atheism gets a reaction.

That's comparing apples and oranges.  Their holy book *orders* them to
go and spread the word and get more followers. (And another holy book
orders them to kill unbelievers, so you're lucky if they just knock on
your door).

Atheists don't have a supreme being ordering them to spread the word.
They are just being annoying because it's fun.

BillK