[ExI] Sarah Palin

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 21 04:31:24 UTC 2010

On Jul 20, 2010, at 7:44 PM, Jeff Davis wrote:

> The last nine years have seen an intense and unrelenting -- and
> clearly unwarranted -- broad-brush demonization of Islam.

Clearly unwarranted!? Clearly? I can think of few things more warranted, and if you can't demonize something as repugnant and stupid as Islam what can you demonize?

>  I see Mr. Clark's post as reflection of that larger trend, aimed at -- and
> successfully so -- making Muslims the new boogie man.  A replacement
> for the old Soviet Union.

It works for me, certainly if somebody asked what the single greatest threat to civilization was it wouldn't take me long to give you an answer. And it wasn't the boogie man who threw acid into a young girl's face to stop her from going to school and becoming educated, or flew civilian airliners into skyscrapers, it was Islamic fundamentalists who have a direct line to God.

> For the record, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, and all the
> rest, are just different flavors of the same atrocity-justifying
> cultural identity memeset.

Yes all religions are ridiculous but Islam is particularly dangerous because a disturbingly large percentage REALLY take the nonsense seriously, very seriously.

You then try to sell the idea that because the USA has done bad things in the past it is best for the future of civilization if we pretend the atrocities Islam is committing right this very minute didn't exist. I'm not buying that sack of shit idea either.

 John K Clark