[ExI] Sarah Palin

Tom Nowell nebathenemi at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 11:19:43 UTC 2010

John Clark wrote :"If every one of the 19 hijackers who murdered nearly 3000 people on 911 were Italian I'll bet the very next day there would be huge demonstrations of italians showing how appalled they were, the same goes for Irish or Japanese or any other ethnic group" (and then mentions the exception of what Spike would call non-quakers).

Well, if the 19 hijackers had been Irish and had instead been detonating bombs in Britain, we could count on a few US politicians proudly announcing their support, such as the delightful Congressman Peter King of New York. There are several stories on the web about his support for the IRA, which finally had to be abandoned post 9/11 when he realised New Yorkers would no longer support terrorists, regardless of ethnicity.
The most recent article on him I could find is http://www.politicsinvivo.com/2010/02/ladies-and-gentlemen-congressman-peter-king/

It seems wherever there is an atrocity, you'll find a US politician shamelessly trying to find the angle that will win him a vote.

Tom