[ExI] New IP thread

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 19:54:03 UTC 2010

2010/7/20 Ryan Rawson <ryanobjc at gmail.com>:
> Yes I am against what you are arguing for. Ultimately its unrealistic
> anyways.... if I read your words I have copied them into my neural net where
> they will continue to live on and affect future output of mine.... have I
> just made an unauthorized derivative work by criticing your emails? Will you
> seek to sue me and repossess portions of my brain? Or have them erased
> perhaps?

###  (First - a technical note - could you please avoid top-posting?)

No, all my posts here are provided with the implicit understanding
that copying them into your brain, computer, printouts, etc., is
authorized. Reposting without attribution is not authorized.
Commercial use is not authorized. Thinking about them is in fact
warmly encouraged. These are the customary IP rights I claim to my
posts.

Now, are you really against a general prohibition of unauthorized
manipulation and copying of thoughts? Really? So you are not against
somebody breaking into your computer and making copies of everything
you have there? You think you should not have legal recourse against a
person who (without causing any other damage), tricks you into a
hypnotic trance (perhaps using some technological means of overcoming
your conscious defenses), finds all your secrets and implants hypnotic
suggestions, perhaphs even completely harmless ones? Is it really what
you claim? Did you just copy my paragraph into your mind, or did you
actually think about it?

Rafal