[ExI] Religions and violence

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Sat Jul 24 22:33:03 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 01:39:34PM -0400, John Clark wrote:

>    And in Islam fundamentalists are the only ones that matter. I don't

Wrong.

>    If so they are being extraordinarily quiet, they don't demonstrate,
>    they don't speak, and they don't write, or if they do they must live
>    their lives in hiding even if they live in a western country.

Or you don't hear them, because the mainstream media doesn't report them
much, and you in your bigotry assume they don't exist.  Have you looked?
Googled [reform Islam] or some version there of?

>      If you want to blanket all followers of a religion
>
>    And I do pretty much.

"Yes!  I do want to make ignorant blanket statements about 1/6 of the
world's population, over a billion people, the vast majority of whom
have been as inoffensive as any other person!"

-xx- Damien X-)