[ExI] The Life Cycle of Software Objects - Ted Chiang's book review by IO9

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 09:49:53 UTC 2010

This novel looks great, thanks for posting. I look forward to reading it.

My own ideas about future AIs are similar, they will be emotional and messy
and mainly shaped by emotional interactions like us.

Re incompressibility of experience: I quite agree, but in subjective time
which does not necessarily equal human subjective time - an emotional AI
implemented on a fast computational substrate can be trained by other fast
AIs, or have parallel interactions with hundreds of humans at the same time.

--
Giulio Prisco
giulio at gmail.com
(39)3387219799