[ExI] Don't confuse me with the facts!

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 22:48:17 UTC 2010

BillK wrote:
Recently, a few political scientists have begun to discover a human
tendency deeply discouraging to anyone with faith in the power of
information. It’s this: Facts don’t necessarily have the power to
change our minds. In fact, quite the opposite.

Full article here:
<http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2010/07/11/how_facts_backfire/?page=full>

And so in other words the war in Afghanistan will continue on and on,
despite the Wikileaks incident...

Oh, and there was that one trillion dollars worth of mineral wealth,
that I'm sure U.S. companies would like to get their hands on...

John