[ExI] Transhumanist music

Olga Bourlin olga.bourlin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 01:16:05 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 4:55 PM, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I went looking for transhumanist themed music but did not find very
> much, even after much googling.
>
> *Must see!*  "The Nano Song!"  Children's programming meets The
> Foresight Institute! LOL
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFoC-uxRqCg&feature=related

I haven't listened to all the songs posted (I am familiar with the "I
Am the Very Model of a Singularitarian" - like that one ;).

But I just wrote the following on my Facebook wall (because John -
whom I love dearly and know his "heart" ;) posted the children's Nano
Song, and I just about "fwew up" because ...:

Yipes! How many people were involved in this production, and why
didn't any of them learn their ...prepositions in school? "Ms. Moore"
here is singing: "Nano things are way too small for you or I to see
..." Aaaaaaaaaargh!!! "For" is a preposition ... one doesn't say "for
I."

It's "for me!"

You know that song: "The bells are ringing for me and my gal ..."
(Would "Ms. Moore's" version be: "The bells are ringing for I and my
gal ..."

It's "for me!"

Think of how the old Johnny Mathis song would have sounded if he sang:
"It's not for I to say you love me; It's not for I to say you'll
always care." The song itself, of course, would have been called "It's
Not for I to Say."

It's "for me!"

I tried, but I just couldn't get beyond "too small for you or I ..."

It's just not for me ... :((