[ExI] trying to convince a friend that nanotech is not so bad...

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 00:17:33 UTC 2010

Damien Broderick wrote:
What's wrong with Drexler's ENGINES OF CREATION for a starter? It's
even free online.

http://e-drexler.com/p/06/00/EOC_Cover.html

Damien, thank you for the link!  I sent it to her, along with a
(hopefully) thoughtful message about the potential of nanotech to
transform humanity for the better.  She is intelligent and does not
have an automatic knee-jerk reaction against nanotech, and so I think
it may help her to get the big picture of what is at least possible.

My friend is part of an organization that protests nanotech and other
controversial technologies by sneaking into conferences, briefly
shouting protests at the top of their lungs, and then to make a really
lasting impression, quickly strip off *all* of their clothes, to
reveal slogans bodypainted onto their flesh! LOL

John  : )