[ExI] What Darwin Got Wrong?

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 2 18:23:29 UTC 2010

I'm reading the book before making any detailed comments, but, so far, the authors haven't differentiated between the two -- and I really don't think there's much of a difference between them. In the case of sexual selection, the organism (or the gene or whatever unit of selection) is still facing a survival selection. Its progeny won't be represented or won't be represented in high numbers if it fails against that particular filter, no? (The difference being, though, that it's likely that sexual selection can be roped off from other environmental factors because it's more likely to be directional.)

Regards,

Dan