[ExI] to install

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jun 3 04:23:11 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Anna Taylor
> Subject: [ExI] to install
>
> The conversation went, "Well if you are going to go to
> church, you might well as be..."
>
> I agree.  I think churches are a really good place to learn
> moral and valued skills...  Does eveyone agree?
>
> Just curious
> Anna

Hi Anna, goooood question.  In my own case in having to instill moral values
in my own 3 yr old son, I am stuck in a wildly paradoxical position.  I can
allow him to go with his mother to church, but I am in a position of having
to carefully explain that while the ethical and moral values are OK, the
entire theory behind them, the entire memetic infrastructure in support of
it, is *completely* wrong, no truth there at all.

So what would go on in the mind of a child, given such instruction?  I
haven't said anything yet, but I flatly refuse to tell him anything I know
to be false.