[ExI] to install

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Jun 3 22:28:42 UTC 2010

On 6/3/2010 5:18 PM, samantha wrote:
>> Erm, never heard of the Soviet Union, Ben? China's assaults on woowoo
>> Falun Gong? Arguably these were and are in the *name* of atheism,
>> especially in the USSR, although actually in the service of
>> unprincipled authoritarian power.

> That they were atheist was by no means the central part of those
> philosophies prompting aggression though.

Really? Well, of course, that Xians and Muslims were and are theists is
by no means the central part of crusades, terror attacks, etc, either,
if you look at underlying motives. But the religion and its
authoritarian apparatus certainly provided the pretext, and so too, as I
understand it, did the often murderous and expropriative assault of
communist regimes on religious believers in the name of defending the
nation against superstition and cult.

Damien Broderick