[ExI] honor among parasites

Gregory Jones spike66 at att.net
Mon Jun 14 15:22:40 UTC 2010

>I don't think mosquitoes will be interested in an engorged tick or able to "bite" (pierce) it.

-Dave

Thanks Dave.  You have looked closely at an engorged tick, ja?  My intuition tells me the mosquito would not bite the tick, but as I think it over carefully I can't figure out why the heck not.  A mosquito is programmed to look for a warm beast, and the blood in a tick would be cool, however I can arrange to warm the tick to mammalian temperatures.  Mosquitoes can penetrate thicker skin than is used to wrap a tick.