[ExI] YES! Hard-core transhumanist splinter groups yearning for cyber-heaven

samantha sjatkins at mac.com
Wed Jun 16 20:07:20 UTC 2010

Holly Gray wrote:
> I find myself wishing that we could, but, in the current democracy, we need some form of shiny front organization or we'll be relegated to being the lunatic fringe that quite a bit of the public still see us as.

Shiny fronts get shiny by rubbing away and covering up all that makes
such a thing actually great or having any chance of greatness.   Real
successes are build by very real and gritty people dedicated to what
they are doing.   In point of fact we are lunatics.  But with a bit more
actual movement we are the good kind of lunatics that you can't
distinguish from genius except on the basis of what we actually
accomplish.   Let's worry less about how we look to the world and more
about molding reality in the image of our ideals.

- samantha