[ExI] YES! Hard-core transhumanist splinter groups yearning for cyber-heaven

Arthur Breitman arthur.breitman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 03:28:12 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 7:23 PM, <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:

> For me, it is a philosophy with princples and is definitely a movement.

May I submit a word who could be more fitting than movement, philosophy,
club, etc. "Spirit", much like in "the spirit of enlightenment". Although I
believe transhumanism may be all of the above, the word spirit is
sufficiently underused to be drafted for the purpose of describing
transhumanism.

My own vision of this spirit is a bowl of spaghetti, an apparently loose
collection of ideas who, on a closer look, are all tied together. More
specifically, at its core, ideas relating human nature transforming into its
own ideal, in particular through the use of technology.

Oh and since this is my first post on the list, that'll be my introduction
:)

Arthur