[ExI] Otherkin and Plural Systems

Sabrina Ballard sabrina.ballard at allromanceebooks.com
Mon Jun 21 17:30:44 UTC 2010

>The "plural systems" you mention were highlighted in the classic
>transhumanistic SF novel, "Aristoi."  I think in the western world
>such things are currently viewed within a disease modality, but as
>nano/info/biotech merge and greatly progress, I see "multiple
>minds/personalities" being seen as a great advantage.

My question: Why are they viewed as a disease when many plural systems
live a healthy life and feel absolutly no need for treatment? Or is it
because all the healthy systems avoid the medical profession and they
are left with only those who are significantly ill?

And the Western Psychological profession as a whole seems to be very
out of touch, while physical medicine seems to be moving forward. They
still cling to clearly outdated modes from Freud. Is there some
benefit in doing so?

Also, could these "other worlds" which plural systems interface with
help us figure out how to safely model "Virtual Reality"? Would these
gateway systems's brain functions help us determine how to set up
various interactions after uploading such as constructed realities,
downloadable bodies, and others which I haven't thought of?

Sabrina Ballard