[ExI] YES! Hard-core transhumanist splinter

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 21:42:56 UTC 2010

2010/6/23 Robert Picone <rpicone at gmail.com>

> Must you necessarily emulate someone's blood glucose levels based upon
> their pre-upload diet?  How do you manage caffeine intake?  Recreational
> drugs?  Libido?  Do you give the individual dials/switches for this kind of
> stuff?  Wouldn't that too significantly modify behavior?

"Too significantly" for what? To be considered the same person? I don't
think so.

I'd be happy to have a libido dial/switch today. I posted about that on the
original Extropy list years ago, and I still don't like the level of
influence that it has on me. I enjoy sex a lot, but I'd really rather not
have the distractions that having a libido provides *all* the time.

-Dave