[ExI] Looking for a word

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 13:43:28 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to crystallize a concept, and I need a word to help to do it.

The online world is now full of APIs, which let code literate people
talk to online services (all the standard webby protocols, google's
many apis, amazons compute cloud ++, twitter APIs, facebook APIs, etc
etc etc). There are myriad ways of interacting with these things, from
having code on your own machines reach out to them, to hosting code
"out there" in online services.

I'm conceptualizing this as a multidimensional space through which
code literate people can move, interact, create, in a very real sense
in which we partially can already live. What would you call this
space? It's a bit like a noosphere, but that term would be a bit trite
and not do the concept justice. And don't say cyberspace. Any ideas?

--
Emlyn

http://www.blahblahbleh.com - A simple youtube radio that I built
http://point7.wordpress.com - My blog