[ExI] Looking for a word

Gregory Jones spike66 at att.net
Thu Jun 24 19:47:23 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 6/24/10, Ross Evans <ross.evans11 at gmail.com> wrote:

How about a neologism...

'Discorpality' a conflation of discorporate and reality.  A reality existing in the ethereal realms of the cyberspace.

This is my favorite so far, better than my own notion, metasphere.  Ross, well done, sir!  He is right: most terms we could think of already carry the baggage of previous use in a similar context.  The terms web and cloud worked because they had not already been used in the software context.  The weakness of discorpality I see is that it has five syllables, whereas ideally we want no more than two, even one if we can do it.

In the spirit of Ross' notion of a neologism, I propose the term "reeth" loosely derived from the remarkably succinct and inclusive definition suggested by Ross, a "reality existing in the ethereal realms of cyberspace."  Reeth also has the advantage of ryhming with wreath, a leafy collection of various things which are joined to come full circle.

When we decide on a term, let us just start using it, see if it catches hold.